Thursday, April 26, 2012

I really enjoyed doing this assignment. There is so much that you can do with a history lesson. I enjoyed the different uses of technology.

I am posting a link to a glog that was created about the Travels of Marco Polo. The glog includes a video about Marco Polo along with an activity. Check it out!! http://nuchie.edu.glogster.com/glog-1616/

Here is the link to a video created through animato that goes along with the assignment. http://animoto.com/play/DHutdaowNoZzphiDUG74zQ#

I think that voice thread was my favorite. I created a voice thread to go along with a presentation on Marco Polo. I hope you enjoy it http://voicethread.com/share/3012941/.

In the classroom this would be an example for me to show to the students. When looking in a textbook they mention many explorers but they do not go into great depths about their lives. I can see this being a hard task for teachers, especially those who have a passion for history. I would use this as a way for each student to do a project about a different explorer. This can be done individually depending on class size or as group projects. The students will have to create a glog using glogster and present it to the classroom. Another great tool to use with an assignment like this is wikispaces and classmarker.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! It is always good to have the students to put technology to use. It will benefit them to have your examples to base their creations on. We need to know as much as possible about the lives of the explorers. This will help us to know the characters that we are studying about

    ReplyDelete